Healthy? Check. Fast? Check. Delicious? Check.
Personally, I think tilapia and broccoli are two pretty bland menu items; however, they are excellent sources of nutrition! Tilapia is an incredibly lean protein source and broccoli provides an abundance of Vitamin A, Vitamin K and folate. All these dishes needed were a little love from some spices and herbs, and they were instantly transformed into a flavorful dinner meal.
Baked Tilapia with Strawberry Mango Salsa and Sautéed Broccoli
For the Tilapia
- 2-4 tilapia fillets (fresh)
- Your favorite zesty seasoning (I used my Tastefully Simple Fiesta Party Dip Mix)
For the Broccoli
- 2-4 crowns of broccoli, chopped
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
For the Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 1 pint of strawberries, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 small avocados, diced
- At least 2 Tbsp of lime juice (add more if desired)
- 4-6 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425o Spray a foiled baking sheet with non-stick spray. Lay tilapia on baking sheet and generously cover with zesty seasoning. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Once heated, add chopped broccoli to oil with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and sauté for about 8-10 minutes. Be sure to move your broccoli frequently in the pan as it can burn easily. Once cooked, add brown sugar and Parmesan, reduce heat to warm and cover with lid.
- Mix all salsa ingredients together in a bowl. Serve over the tilapia.