20 Ways to Enjoy Something Green This St. Patty’s Day!
This St. Patrick’s Day try to add some healthy green into your diet!
Here are 20 ways to add something green on your plate and make a healthy choice.
1. Add spinach into a veggie omelet.
2. Scramble eggs and top with fresh salsa and diced avocado for a fiesta start to the day.
3. Throw some baby kale leaves into your favorite smoothie.
4. Swap sugar snap peas as a crunchy snack instead of chips.
6. Mix chopped green grapes and celery with grilled chicken, chopped almonds and some mayo for a fresh chicken salad.
7. Cut cucumbers, tomatoes and red onions and mix with 1 oz feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette for a light side dish.
8. Grab a jar of basil pesto and spread on 3 chicken breasts. Cook at 375oF for 30-35 minutes.
9. Add spinach leaves instead of regular lettuce to your salads or on sandwiches.
10. Top a bison burger with guacamole instead of cheese.
11. Roast asparagus in the oven or out on the grill. Drizzle with olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
12. Make veggie kabobs with zucchini slices, mushrooms, onions and green peppers. Marinade in Italian dressing over night before grilling.
13. Sauté fresh green beans with onions, shallots, garlic with fresh lemon juice and garnish with lemon zest.
14. Top salads with marinated artichokes, green peppers, dried cranberries and diced avocado.
15. Make turkey stuffed green peppers.
17. Make a fruit salad with cut up kiwi, green grapes, strawberries and pineapple.
18. Freeze green grapes and consume for a cold, sweet snack.
19. Slice a green apple and dip in almond butter.
20. Sauté sugar snap peas with carrots, zucchini and mushrooms for some delicious stir-fry veggies.