A friend of mine recently made some gluten-free muffins that she brought into the gym to share with everyone. If you regularly eat gluten-free, then you know that GF + muffin can sometimes be a dangerous combination. I had perfectly good intentions of sharing a muffin with my husband, but they were so darn delicious—I gobbled the whole thing up by myself. Many believe that gluten-free baked goods always fall short of flavor when compared to standard baked good items. I made a batch to share with friends who were visiting this past weekend and they couldn’t believe how great they tasted. Remember that muffins, even gluten-free ones, should be considered a more special breakfast/snack option and should not be consumed on a daily basis for optimal health.
Gluten-Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup almond butter
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup, organic honey
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon (or more if you love the flavor of cinnamon)
- 1 pint of fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Place cupcake liners inside cupcake tins (batch will make 12-15 cupcakes).
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl together, stirring slowly. Be sure not to over stir the mixture. Fold in blueberries at the very end.
- Place ingredients into the muffin cups. (I didn’t measure but filled them 2/3 of the way up).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean when inserted in middle of muffin.
- Place on cooling rack for about 5 minutes and enjoy with friends and family!