Ready or not…the last “Doctor is In” seminar is on Nov. 1. In this presentation, registered dietitians Amanda Figge and Megan Klemm will talk eating right throughout the holidays—and getting through winter without packing on the pounds!
Attendees of “Doctor is In” next week will be given three recipes to try at home that show how to balance a plate with carbs, proteins, dairy and veggies. Here’s a sneak peek!
- 1 head red-leaf lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Half of a small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) jars quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and diced
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
Zesty red wine vinaigrette ingredients:
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, store-bought or homemade
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Whisk the ingredients for the zesty red wine vinaigrette together until combined or add them together in a mason jar and shake until combined.
- Add all the ingredients for the salad together in a large bowl, and then toss until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately.
From: Gimme Some Oven