At our house we eat chicken…a lot. One goal that I have for this month is to try a variety of new chicken recipes (so my husband doesn’t get burnt out on having chicken five days a week!). You never have to sacrifice good flavor for eating healthy; however, you do need to step outside your comfort zone and experiment with spices, herbs and other fresh ingredients to create delicious, mouth-watering flavors. This is a perfect dish that incorporates natural ingredients and is solid on flavor. Want more healthy recipes? Follow our Pinterest board!
For the Chicken:
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 cloves of garlic (I am very liberal with this – we love garlic!)
- 1 Tbsp of minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
For the Salad:
- Mixed greens
- ¼ avocado
- ¼ cup artichokes (I use frozen artichoke hearts. After heating them up in the microwave, I add flavor by using an Italian seasoning blend on top of the cooked artichokes)
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
1. Pre-heat oven to 400oF. Meanwhile, brush olive oil evenly over each chicken breast.
2. Add salt and pepper to taste. Spread minced garlic cloves over chicken breasts and sprinkle minced rosemary on top of each piece of chicken.
3. Cook for 20-25 minutes.
4. Toss salad ingredients together while chicken is cooking.
5. Once chicken is done, pour balsamic vinegar evenly over each chicken breast. Serve separately or together as an entrée salad.