If we were talking about baseball, this shake would be a grand slam! This version is an exact replica of the McDonald’s version but it uses natural ingredients and packs in a lot of nutrition. The fact that this recipe uses avocados and spinach to get its green color (instead of food dyes) makes it a powerhouse for potassium, Vitamin K, folate, antioxidants and heart-healthy fats. The scoop of protein powder can even help this shake to serve as a great snack to share with someone or count as a quick meal on the go! This shake is perfect for:
- kids who won’t eat green fruits or vegetables.
- individuals needing to increase their protein intake.
- picky eaters who lack a variety of nutrients in their diet.
- anyone wanting a delicious and healthy treat.
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- ¼ medium avocado or ½ small avocado
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ cup light coconut milk (from the can)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1 packet of Stevia
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 ¼ cup ice*
Put all ingredients in blender or food processor. Blend and enjoy!
*You can use more or less ice to create a thinner or thicker shake, if desired. Recipe makes about 16 ounces.
Nutritional facts: Calories: 289. Fat: 15 gm. Protein: 22 gm. Carb: 18 gm.
Thank you so much, Dietitian Cassie, for the inspiration for this recipe!