I’m back to with the second installment of my favorite things. Enjoy!
6. Tupperware. I know it sounds boring, but it’s a great idea to invest in some good Tupperware. Now you can pack delicious leftovers to take for lunch and avoid going through a fast food drive-thru. Personally, I like the ones with the snap-tabs on the lids.
7. Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple. Danielle Walker continues to be one of my go-to inspirations for gluten-free and grain-free recipes. Her new book was released this fall!
8. Yoga Blocks. These items are on my wish-list this year. Since I still do not have the best flexibility to achieve perfect form with all the different yoga poses, these blocks allow me to modify poses so that I can still achieve a good stretch while keeping good form.
9. Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It by Gary Taubes. This book provides some interesting insight into today’s obesity problem. While it is not a diet book, it does bring to light some important issues that can be addressed regarding our daily habits. Many health practitioners will argue with points that Taubes brings up; however, these points do make great topics of conversation.
10. Rumble Roller. This takes foam rolling to the next level. The elevated bumps on the roller can help target deeper layers of the muscle tissues compared to traditional foam rollers. While many of us are sensitive to deep tissue massage, this product is great f0r releasing tension and tightness in our overused muscles. I have the Compact Original and use it almost every day.
11. Yummi Yogi Cookie Cutters Yes, I know cookies are not the ideal symbol of health and wellness, but with these cute yoga cookie cutters, you’ll be reminded of the importance of a balanced lifestyle the next time you indulge!